Thursday, February 11, 2016

Graphing Quiz Retakes and Make Ups

Hello!

Due to some scheduling shifting for the week of February 15-19, Science class will look a little different.

First things first: graphing quiz retakes are due Friday, Feb. 19 by 3:15.  I've told students this all week but haven't had a lot of takers.  In order to retake students must do the following:
1) Correct the mistakes they made on their original quiz.
2) Fill out the blue relearning document (found in my classroom,) as stated on the sheet.  In a nutshell, it's saying what mistakes they know they made, what were they confused over, etc.
3) Go through the questions they had documented on the relearning document with an expert.  In this case, I count as an expert, Mr. Moen (another science teacher) counts as an expert, a para in the room counts, or parents count!  Have them sign the sheet!
4) Turn in the original quiz and relearning sheet to Ms. Trecek and make arrangements to retake with me either before school, after school, or during lunch.  (If you're coming after school make arrangments to stay with me 24 hours in advance please so I can adjust my transportation arrangments.

The late/missing work is piling up and with approaching assessments and a wonky schedule next week Mrs. Tech and I have agreed to open up a ONE TIME ONLY Make-Up Day!  Students will have the opportunity to turn in any missing or late work from the Density Unit to present work for full credit.  Taking advantage of this could greatly raise some grades, as well as better prepare students for the upcoming Trimester final.  Please encourage your students to check PowerSchool and see what they could turn in and make-up.

As always, feel free to email me if you have any further questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment